How to Become a Perfect Digital Marketer
Digital Marketer is responsible of raising brand awareness and generating leads across all of a company’s digital channels, both free and paid.
Digital Marketing is one of the highly demanded sectors in the world, after the effect of the corona, there are many companies trying to digitally transform and find the changes.
Already many companies have been transformed and in the digital world, they have made their presence.
No matter what the industry is about Automobile, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Construction, Entertainment, Fitness, etc they definitely need marketing.
All these industries have converted themselves from practicing traditional marketing methods to adapting Digital Marketing methods. Due to this Industries are in need of many Digital Marketers and hiring them regularly.
So what is Digital Marketing?
One should always remember that, whether it is Marketing, Digital Marketing, or Traditional Marketing there is no exact textbook definition for it. According to their (authors) preferences, they’ve given the definition.
Digital Marketing means “Communicating values digitally with a strategic approach”.
Communicating Values: Values can be anything like Product, S
ervice, Story, or Emotion we should always be communicating with our targeted audience.
With Strategic Approach: If anyone asks why do we need a strategic approach. Let me explain, suppose you are practicing promotional activities and targeting a young audience where he/she would be?
Our young audience where they usually are? In front of the Book or on Social Media? Obviously on Social Media and we have to keep them engaged in Social Media.
Role of a Digital Marketer:
1. Research & Planning (Marketing Campaigns) : Creating a marketing plan is a time-consuming process that entails performing extensive research utilising a range of sources and then integrating that research into a single document that includes a full overview of a company’s target market, rivals, industry trends, and so on.
2. Execution (ACC- Awareness, Consideration & Conversion): The process of putting your marketing plan into action is known as marketing execution. It makes your marketing objectives and strategies come to life. You already know that your marketing strategy serves as a roadmap for selecting, prioritising, planning, and implementing projects that boost your company’s bottom line.
3. Analysis & Improvements: A digital marketing analysis investigates and examines your company, audience, and rivals in order to create a specific, data-driven digital marketing strategy for your organisation. Your organisation can deliver an Internet marketing strategy that speaks to and converts your audience with an online marketing analysis.
Essential skills of a Digital Marketer:
- Communication & Problem-Solving Skills: Learn how to talk to people about problems in a way that avoids accusations, hatred, and defensiveness.
- Content Creation Ideas, Competitor Analysis & Data Analysis: A competitive content idea/marketing/analysis study is a complete procedure that entails identifying and evaluating your competitors in order to acquire data that might help you gain a competitive advantage in your area.
- Creativity & Curiosity: Develop new promotional or campaign ideas that will entice customers to want to learn more about your company and participate with your content.
- Willing to learn new things: One of the most important qualities of a digital marketer is the willingness to learn new skills & abilities.
- Story Telling: In Digital marketing, storytelling refers to the use of a narrative to convey a message. The goal is to make the spectator feel something strong enough to motivate them to take action.
Who can learn Digital Marketing:
PUC, Degree, Master Degree/ Higher Studies, Home Maker, Businessman, Entrepreneur. Anyone can become a Digital Marketer and it doesn’t mean that all qualified people can become Digital Marketers.
As I have said before a person becomes a successful Digital Marketer when he has creativity, strategic & analytical skills.
Initially, not everyone will have these skills with life, career, profession, personal experience, and maturity makes one skilled in this.
Hence, when you want to become a Digital Marketer it is not mandatory that you need these skills in the beginning, you eventually learn as you get experience.
What you need to do before joining any Digital Marketing institution:
A) This is a practical-based process, in this practical knowledge is very important than theoretical knowledge. It is better to study at a well-known Digital Marketing Institute.
B) It is better to get information if the institute provides Internship. Join the Institute which provides internships.
C) Working in an agency-based training model will help you grow and get practical knowledge & experience in the Digital Marketing field as they for directly for the clients.
D) Online Digital Marketing courses that charge you ₹100-300 will not teach you valuable content in deep, they will teach you direct tools which do not provide/improve important skills of Digital Marketing.
E) Don’t compromise with fees, know about the institute and its education quality. Get information on whether the institute provides placement support and how many placements they have made to their students previously.
In the end, to say Digital Marketing is a beautiful industry there is fun and entertainment. There is a lot of learning as well. There is no rocket science in Digital Marketing, if you’re passionate about technology and marketing definitely learn Digital Marketing.